Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Busy Lou!

School has made me into such a busy little lou! I’ve also had a number of homey projects that have occupied my free time. Fall is probably my very favorite season; the beautiful cool layering weather, pumpkin spiced things being sold in stores, and plenty of couch cuddling! What more could a girl ask for? My favorite fall tradition, so to speak, is nesting. It never fails, the cooler the weather makes the need for a cozy home grow more and more vital. When I was still living with mother my cozy list usually consisted of very few items; a pumpkin scented candle, a new art project, and maybe sprucing up my closet a bit. This year, since I have my own apartment, it has grown into Santa’s naught and nice list. So far I have bought: supplies for three art projects, 2 decorative pillows, a throw, 10 candles (3 of them being purely pumpkin scented), 6 owls, 2 rugs, a few frames (that I do no have pictures for), and an overload of organizational items. I have also started restructuring my bathroom and bedroom closets. This week I spent a good majority of my free time starting projects, going through and tossing out rubbish from the summer, and find homes for my new little trinkets. My apt look anything but cozy! My goal for Monday & Tuesday is to finish my entire list before we leave Wednesday for a mini vacation. I am looking forward to sharing the finished products with y’all. Be looking forward to various little peeks of my hard work. At some point and time this month (maybe the first day Autumn) I would like to make some apple cider, apple butter, and apple cider doughnuts, and consume them.  What are some of your fall traditions?

Here are some of my cozy home inspirations:

No comments:

Post a Comment